Sunday, February 20, 2011

eight / 52

Looking through a window*
This is a view of my patio looking through my patio doors. All of this white stuff melted this past week. We even had some 50° (F) days. I had a feeling we wouldn't be seeing the grass for long. Oh well... it does make for a pretty view. The snow adds a layer of freshness to a grungy winter's day. Just as I am posting this, there was a big crack of thunder! wow!!
I felt that this photo was lacking something. Not one of my best, or what I had in mind, as usual. I took the photo for the sake of "getting this done". I felt that it wasn't creative. That is why I went with this texture. Not to say that this texture is creative. I played with different tools in Gimp, unapplied them, and then decided to go with this one. I wanted to "make" something, and this is what I came up with.

3 comments:

Carol Ann said...

I love your images! The composition is wonderful!

laurieumlauf said...

I like the branches framing the top - looks very much like Feb. in Michigan ;)

Connie Etter said...

I found your blog on the Shutter Sisters Post. Love it! I love a photo a wk rather than a day. I could do this. haha.....I"m going to hit the follow button!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...