Sunday, February 21, 2010

8/52

Diptych Collaboration*
From my "hometown" Detroit.
The first photo is something I see on a regular basis. This big Uniroyal Tire is on I-94.

"Not surprisingly, the Uniroyal® Giant Tire has been turning heads for more than 40 years as one of the nation's most recognizable roadside icons.

The Uniroyal® Giant Tire was originally created as a Ferris wheel attraction at the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair. The wheel held 96 fairgoers and was powered by a 100-horsepower motor. More than two million people rode the Giant Tire Ferris wheel during the fair, including Jacqueline Kennedy and her children, John Jr. and Caroline."

The second photo was taken in the Compuware Atrium. The family and I were there last Sunday for Detroit's Winter Blast.
This past week was Winter Break for the kids and I. I took the week off with them. We didn't do a lot. I needed a mental vacation and it was nice not to have to do anything. Although I wanted to do a lot of organization around the house, I had no motivation. Oh well.
The kids and I went to the Detroit Institute of Arts on Friday. I wanted to take them because they are both in Art class this trimester. They recognized a lot of pieces from their books. Afterward, we had dinner at the Cass Cafe, located on Wayne State's Campus. It was an interesting location. They specialize in "unique" foods and offer Vegetarian dishes. I've had take-out from them at work and have been wanting to take the kids there, especially Emily.
I'm not looking forward to getting back into routine tomorrow, but I guess we have to do it! lol

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...